Direct Communications, an Alabama-based public relations firm, is seeking an Account Executive for immediate hire. This position is located in its Mobile office, with potential for limited hybrid work as well as occasional statewide travel. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, self-starter with strong writing and organizational skills, as well as a thorough understanding of earned and digital media.
**THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION.**
Direct Communications, founded in 1991, is a fully integrated strategic communications firm specializing in public relations, grassroots coalition building, issue management and crisis communication. Our ability to provide unique insight makes us a go-to firm for companies, organizations and elected officials when they want to proactively communicate their message to the public. Providing reputation management is a vital part of the long-term strategy our firm provides to our clients.
Management responsibilities for each client or practice area include, but are not limited to...
- Draft press releases, guest editorials, letters to the editor, talking points, speeches or other communications.
- Manage press conferences and media interactions.
- Field and advise clients on inbound media requests, pitch media on behalf of clients and client interests, and prepare clients for media interviews and other public appearances.
- Identify potential media opportunities for clients.
- Build messaging and press materials including pitches, press releases, interview backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, etc.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with clients, partners, and potential partners.
- Understand and analyze media, political, and reputational changes in Mobile and Baldwin Counties, as well as around the state.
- Understanding of paid digital media and how to manage a digital program on multiple platforms is also preferred.
- Ensure that we are exceeding client expectations and providing progress reports and updates as necessary.
Applicants must be able to:
- Display creativity and initiative, along with an ability to communicate strategies effectively
- Prioritize and adapt to changing circumstances - ability to seek solutions and lessen difficulties for our clients
- Focus on objectives, with a strong sense of time management and deadlines
- Write clearly, concisely, and effectively under a tight deadline
- Connect with people, understand their needs, and manage expectations
Valuable skills include:
- Experience with government, political, or corporate PR
- Understanding of government and public policy
- Ability to write effective public-facing materials, like press releases, media statements, and digital copy
- Media relations or media experience
Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree. 5+ years of PR, journalism, and/or corporate, government, or political communications experience is preferred.
Compensation package is the base salary in addition to other benefits including healthcare, generous vacation days and other benefits that are agreed on at the time of employment. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Writing skills will be assessed during the interview process.